Wednesday 20 July 2011

Celebrating the Stories Behind Italian Fashion

This exhibition made me fall in love with Italian designers even more than I do already. Put together by Colin Mcdowell who loves all things Italian. The selection of photography was a history of beautiful imagery created by these truly passionate fashion houses. As usual photography was not allowed but the program provided on entry shows every image used and all the text that came with it. With each designer came a film of there A/W 2011/12 collections, this was a great way to see these runway shows, I could have had a front row seat at each enabling me to catch all the detail fronts and backs and how these garments moved on the body. A real sneek peek into how these shows are put together and the venues in which they are held. I got a lot from this exhibition and would highly recommend a visit. It is only on until the 14th August so make sure you don't miss it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky. Thanks for your post. So glad that you enjoyed the show. My name is James and I am one of the people involved in putting this show together.

    If you'd like to drop an email to james.gm [at] 77pr.co.uk then I'll happily pop some images from the show across to you if you would like to include some in your posting.

    Cheers now - and thanks again,
    James

    ReplyDelete