Sunday 4 March 2012

Vanners Silk Mills

Colours which Vanners are going to use for spring/summer on my designed fabric from the second year. A whole new experience I designed my own woven fabric design. I was blown away by the technical information required to achieve a woven fabric its all about the warp and weft, threads, width of the design and the mix of silks and lurex. I was asked to pick out 20 colourways. How daunting it usually takes me days sometimes weeks to finalise a colour palette, but here with the amazing choice I was putting colours together with their expertise guiding me. I am so excited to see how they come out. These woven fabrics are gorgeous and I feel so lucky to have been part of the process to create my own unique design. This will add another dimension to my final major project. This journey is the best thing, I just can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment